CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Update since Friday

I received an email from Dinora. Our file was taken back to Amatitlan Renap on Friday. They had fixed the typo on the notification at family court & now we are just waiting to get the approval notice that we need from Renap in Amatitlan so we can move into Renap in Guatemalan City!! I pray that there is a miracle & its done today or even tomorrow morning so it can be submitted to GC Renap by tomorrow. You can only submit files to GC Renap on a Tuesday. Dinora knows people at Renap...although I am not sure that would make a difference on getting our file accepted anyday but on a Tuesday. As of now , the way things are looking..it will most likely be an end of July pickup for us!!

The last week of July is fair week in Paola. Rylie shows her steer & heifer, I was hoping to have Mateo home in time to get to go to his first fair. Either way, he is coming home soon!!

I did enroll Mateo in preschool already, to start in the fall. As of now I am still planning to have him go. His cousin Max will be in his class & its only for 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours at a time. I think it will be good for him to interact with other children & hear more English modeled. Its hard because to me preschool is such a big milestone & its the first one we will get to experience, and I am not sure I am ready for that already!!

My friends have children coming home from Guatemala each month. I just saw pictures of another friend that just brought her son home & I saw their family & friends waiting at the airport. I was in tears. That is the moment that I have been praying for, for over 3 1/2 years!! My sister Melaine will be going to Guatemala with me to pick up Mateo. It will be her first time out of the country & of course her first time meeting Mateo in person! I cant wait!! We are sooo close!!

8 comments:

Reba said...

Yeah! I can comment. :) I am so excited for you and hope that you get good news this week!

Lori said...

I have praying for Mateo to come home for what seems forever ;~). Praising the Lord to see that you are so close. Praying that he will be home in time for the fair.

In Jesus,
Lori

Stephanie in NC said...

Hoping the BC comes fast! Can't wait to read you are PINK! (Believe me, boys look great in PINK too!!...at least in this context!LOL)
Stephanie in NC
Mother to 2 Guatemalan Princes

Karen said...

Let me know how you make out in Renap. We have been in since April. I can't believe it! Three months in RENAP. Our daughter should be home by now. As it is now we miss her third birthday which is on August 14th. It is so sad that there are just so many delays on all levels...

Valerie Edwards said...

Why have you been stuck in renap for 3 months? Do you have someone staying in touch with them to see what your hold-up is? We have actually been dealing with Renap Amatitlan & GC...because Mateo was born in Amatitlan. Even when we get out of GC Renap...we will have to go back to Amatitlan Renap where they will be the ones to print the actual BC off...

Karen said...

I have no idea why we keep running into so many previos aside from the fact that from the beginning this was a child born to a single parent and the child had a birth certificate with only one last name. PGN requested that we change the orignal birth certifcate to include two last names...why when in the end the child would be adopted and the bc would be changed once again???? Anyhow all previos with PGN and now RENAP seem to be about the birth certificate and the name change. I want to scream because PGN was the one to ask for the change!! We just found out they gave the file another previo. So we go into another week of this. I just sent an e-mail to everyone I know. I can't believe we have been in RENAP for over three months now. Our daughter should have been home. I am sick about it. Our daughter never gets closer to coming home. She has been tied up in paperwork for over three years. I just think it is a real disgrace. And we are adopting an older child so she will have more delays!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know whether to scream or cry right now.

Valerie Edwards said...

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this!! I know its hard! We have been at all of this since May of 2006..with Mateo since he was a month & 1/2 old...assigned to him in May of 2007. Its been one thing after another. I dont know why they are doing what they are doing, its ridiculous!! We went through the CNA transition process to complete our adoption...we werent able to do PGN because of a falsified BC from the BM. So we got out of Family Court April 13th & have spent the last 3 months dealing with Renap stuff too...it made it more difficult because Mateo was born in another city other than GC. Even when we get out of Renap GC we have to go back to Renap Amatitlan to get his actual BC. I will keep you in my prayers!! I know its so frustrating!! Hugs!! val

karen said...

Thank you. Oddly enough we have never had any fraud issues or BM issues. This is even more frustrating. I really don't understand it at all...that our child keeps getting held up for typos and such. I will check your website to see how you make out. The only thing I can think of is maybe when we were asked to change the BC the lawyer did not make all changes he was supposed to with RENAP and CNA. I just really don't know at this point. But to be in RENAP so long and find out we got another previo makes me feel like I am in PGN all over again!!!! I thought our daughter would have been home by now..very sad...as I am sure you are. The good thing is your son is still young so you will have time before he starts school. Our daughter is five going on six so I am sad we missed all her toddler years!!!