CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Good Morning

SO we are on day #10...time has flown by on one hand and then went so slow on the other. We LOVE being with Mateo! He is an absolute doll, and I cant imagine leaving him at the CNA on Tuesday. That will be a VERY hard day! He has progressed so much since he was been with us; speaking english, talking also in spanish ( basic words like por favor, gracias papa, agua, mama...and words I am sure he is saying that I dont know), he has been able to say both of his sisters names and when he talks with them on the phone each night he smiles...he loves hearing their voices.

He loves to play ball ( throwing and kicking) he LOVES the pool NOW, yeah!! THe other day we were at the pool with friends for about 3 hours and he had plenty of time to get acclimated to it and didnt want to leave. HE was so cute , when we were in teh hot tub he would grab ahold of my hands and say 1,2,3 in spanish and then dunk himself under the water...he loves that! I have been able to have some extra pool time to lay out while Mateo and Doug go up to nap. Which is great because I get to listen to my IPOD, listen to some of my favorite songs and think & pray. I have downloaded alot of HIllsong and Mercy Me songs, so they really lift my spirits when I think about having to leave him again. I just dont want him to be confused with why we are leaving again. I think we will definately have to start doing webcam weekly.

I am so thankful that he is in a hogar that cares for him and loves him...that is obvious. I just want his sisters and family to be able to get to know him and his sweet personality. He likes to push the button on the elevator when we go to the lobby, he likes to read books...especially the ones that he can feel different materials on the books. He loves to color, and play playdough. At first he would be nervous in various situations when we would go out, etc...but now he is quite comfortable. He does pout when we tell him he has to go to sleep...we have had a harder and harder time getting him to take naps and go to bed. He will lay there forever until finally he will just get too tired and go to sleep. They go to bed early at the hogar so I am hoping that he gets back into a routine and doesnt give them too much trouble with his naps when he gets there. They hae va great schedule for them and we havent had as good of a schedule with us beig here...appointments, etc....

I am so thankful that my girls get to be with their grandparents and my sister during the time we are gone, it has really made the time go by quickly for them. I am looking forward to going home and seeing Rylie & Adyson....although its bittersweet because I am missing Mateo then.... I look forward to the day we are all together.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers!

0 comments: