CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I am getting sooooo excited!!!

Wow, I cant believe how close we are getting to FINALLY bringing Mateo home!! I got an email today from Claudia who works with our adoption agency & she said that she has our file from Guatemala City Renap! They approved us for our birth certificate!! So it will be taken to Amatitlan Renap this next week to get the new birth certificate printed with our last name on it!! Then they are going to get our passport done before I even fly in as well as take Mateo to the doctors appointment, so it looks like I will just be flying in for the Visa appointment & then pickup. I will mostly like plan to stay for like 5 days or so..i want to be there beforehand just in case anything comes up. Once we have the birth certificate Dinora will be taking our file to the Embassy where they will schedule our Visa appointment..typically its like 5 days to a week out before we fly out.. I am ready now though if need be!! LOL

I am painting Doug's old twin bed this week for Mateo & have to get a twin mattress for his bed. We had a crib in his room with beautiful custom made bedding but he is now 3 1/2 & he is too big to be in a crib, plus we will want to lay down with him to read at night, etc...so we cant really do that in a crib! LOL

The fair in Paola is finally over as of today so we can have a little more of a normal schedule starting next week. Doug has to sign his POA & get it notarized & then get his passport copied & notarized so I can take those with me to the Visa appointment since he isn't coming on the pickup trip.

I am planning to go online today to get an idea of what flight are running, etc...

I cant believe its actually happening!!! Thank you God!!! Thank you all for your prayers!! val

8 comments:

Jenne said...

So exciting! Congratulations!!

Reba said...

I just had a feeling you would hear somethng...wasn't expecting it this weekend though. Hooray, hooray! Mateo is coming home!!!

iamkionda said...

Val that is wonderful news! I am so happy for you and your family. You're finally going to bring him home! :D

Anonymous said...

I am sooo excited for you. We rec'd another previo last week as they stated they were missing our final decree which is scary because it was in the file when we submitted it. But I guess when a file is some place for four months things can go missing!!! Anyhow as soon as I read your note I am asking someone to go to RENAP tomorrow because our previo was supposed to be corrected and it sounds like you rec'd your file approved on a Monday!!! I kept being told files are not approved until Friday. Do you think they will make you do another DNA at the embassy for your child? I think at this point it is ridiculous. I think everyone in the world has looked at and approved our files!!! Anyhow congrads. I am praying we get approved this week!!!

Valerie Edwards said...

We were told that the ticket was ready for pick up on the 26th...it may have been ready that Friday and for some reason they didnt pick it up until then, I am not sure??? She ended up not getting it though until Thurs or Fri because no one was there to get the ticket from. Claudia would go to get it and end up waiting just to hear that the person that had it wasnt there... We wont have to do another DNA...as we have already done like 3...and they did one within the last 6 months...

Keep me posted on your progress!!

Stephanie in NC said...

I received my "PINK Slip" two years ago on August 4th. I can still remember the excitement and relief! Congratulations! I hope you BC comes fast...BTW...My USE appointment was August 13th...maybe you can say hi to the USE workers on the same day...LOL!!!!

Karen said...

The person who went for us on Monday couldn't get any info as she did not have the receipt (the lawyer did) so we didn't get far on Monday. I am trying to call RENAP to see how it looks for this week and again the phone rings and rings. Does your contact know of anyone I can call other then Gabriela (she is never there)? It is soooo frustrating not to be able to get information and then have to wait until Friday...

Valerie Edwards said...

I dont know of anyone at Renap other than Gabby. My contact didn't have luck with anyone else there.. I think they are all over the place there..