CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Still waiting....not very patiently though

Well it is that time of year, again. When you think you will have your first Christmas with your child..and yet, another holiday season will go by without my son here with us. Our 11 month long investigation in Minors Court was dismissed on Sept 22nd, and we thought surely we would have this "verdict" that is needed to be able to present to either PGN or The central Authority, whoever we end up going to...to say that the investigation was offically closed. I dont know what the hold up is. My attorney keeps saying that it is not done yet and that if it isnt in by the end of this week, than we will have to wait until mid-December. I remember last year when we were told that PGN shuts down basically from mid-NOv to mid Dec for holiday vacations for thier staff. I am tired of just accepting answers. I want my son home. I dont know what else I can phyiscally do. We have paid money out the ying-yang to everyone who wants paid for one service or another, and we have been twice to Guatemala to see Mateo, and I so want to go in December..although, I dont know if it will work out.

What is their deal???? I just try to stay busy and keep my mind off things not moving, but Mateo turned 20 months old yesterday, seriously...when are we going to get him home? I have talked with others in similar situations that are 6 years into the process. I just cannot believe that our US government wouldnt intervene and do something about this. I wish I knew someone who knew someone who could move mountains. I have been praying, I have faith that he will be home, but I dont know how long I will have to wait for my little boy to come home to his family.

It is just one of those days...

3 comments:

Lori said...

Hugs to you Valerie! Sorry that things are dragging on! I will continue to pray that you have good news soon.

Many Blessings,
Lori

Danny and Brittney said...

We too are having a difficult adoption journey. here is our blog address http://babygirlreyher.blogspot.com

We will pray for your family as well.

Katie said...

I'm so sorry. Let me know if there's anything I can do!