CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

We got our Visa yesterday!!!

We picked up our Visa yeterday for Mateo!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!! It has been such a relief to have that done & now we just have two more days in Guatemala to spend relaxing at the pool, maybe doing a little more shopping ( although my bags cant handle much more), and just enjoying the beauty of this country as it will be awhile before we come back...

Mel & I went to the Central Market yesterday morning with Claudia & Mateo.That is quite an experience I have to say!! LOL The colors everywhere are just beautiful & everyone was willing to give you a "special price". LOL We bought some beautiful pieces to bring home to our families & some special request gifts for our kiddos. I have had a great time here with my sister. I love seeing her with Mateo!! He just loves her.

It is almost unreal that this is all over for us. I told Mel yesterday at breakfast that I had been walking around for 3 1/2 years in this constant state of anxiety with a heavy heart, and that feeling was gone yesterday morning. At that point I didnt even have our Visa yet....I just knew that it would be done that afternoon.

I will load some of the pix we have take here.... So we are on for flying home on Saturday bright and early at 7:15AM!! Mateo will be an official US citizen when we arrive in Houston, TX!! Because Doug & I had traveled to Guatemala before we are coming over on an IR3 Visa. After an hour or so layover in Houston we will be flying home to KC at 3:41PM!! There will be MANY tears shed, and they will most definitely be tears of happiness!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your many prayers over the last few years!! Our baby boy is coming home!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm so happy for your family and Mateo! I remember the feeling being uplifted off of me once we received the visa to come home...it truely is the best feeling...like a blanket of anxiety being lifted off. Now you get to bring your precious boy home and make new memories! May God bless you and your family!
Congrats!!!
Stacie

Danny and Brittney said...

CONGRATS ON BRINGING HIM HOME. IT HAS BEEN A STRESSFUL TIME FOR ALL WAITING FAMILIES. SO NICE TO SEE ONE OF THEM FINALLY HITTING U.S. SOIL SOON. TAKE CARE AND ENJOY HIM. HE IS A SWEETIE.

Beth in MN said...

Tear of joy being shed for your family here in Minnesota. . .

Charlotte Bauer said...

Oh Valerie I am so happy for you and your family! Congratulations! Welcome home Mateo. You have so many people who have been praying for you to come home to your Forever Family. God has blessed you with one pretty amazing Mommy.Blessings to you all. Charlotte Bauer, Proud Guatamama to Emma age 4.